Polish Culture and History - 30h
- Poland – basic facts.
How to avoid faux pas – how to use the presented expression properly?
- Polish legends. Piast dynasty.
Polish cuisine, rules connected with meals.
- Jagiellonian dynasty.
Renaissance in Poland.
- First elected monarchs. House of Vasa. Stefan Batory and Jan III Sobieski.
Polish holidays – part I
- Wrocław today and yesterday.
History and culture of Wrocław.
- The partitions of Poland. Uprising fights for the independence.
- I World War and the restoration of Poland’s sovereignty. Figure of Józef Piłsudski.
- The time of Second Polish Republic.
Polish holidays – part II
- II World War. German occupation. Holocaust and German Nazi concentration camps on the territory of Poland. Soviet occupation. Na nieludzkiej ziemi – prison camps on Soviet territories. Katyn massacre.
- The post-war period – lack of freedom. Times of Stalinism.
- The reign of Communists. Strikes and the birth of ‘Solidarity’ (Polish Trade Union). The figure of Lech Wałęsa. Martial law in Poland. The fall of Communism, the Round Table, restoration of sovereignty.
- John Paul II becomes a Pope in 1978. The role of his pontificate in the history of Poland, Europe and the world.
- Great Poles.
Most significant masterpieces of Polish architecture and fine arts – summary.
- A PAINTED HISTORY OF POLAND, RED. E. OLCZAK, WSTĘP: J. TAZBIR, WYD. DEMART, WARSZAWA 2009.
- BUBCZYK R., A HISTORY OF POLAND IN OUTLINE, WYD. 3 UZUPEŁNIONE, LUBLIN 2011.
- NOWIŃSKI K., POLSKA. POLAND. OPOWIEŚĆ O LUDZIACH, ZABYTKACH I PRZYRODZIE. PEOPLE, NATURE AND HISTORIC TREASURES, WYD. 3, WARSZAWA 2011.
- WÓJCIK T., POLAND. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SITES, WARSZAWA 2008.
- DAVIES N., GOD’S PLAYGROUND. A HISTORY OF POLAND, OXFORD 2010.
Teacher: Agnieszka Rożek, MA firstname.lastname@example.org
Data ostatniej aktualizacji: